Fundraise for us
Albany Community Hospice is the only community-run Hospice in Western Australia, looking after approximately 150 patients per year with over 200 admissions from the Great Southern Region and surrounds. The Hospice provides this service at no cost to the patient, and is available to anyone suffering from a life-limiting illness.
In order to continue to provide this valuable service to the community, Hospice must fund raise approximately $200,000 per year, through events and appeals.
Albany Community Hospice Fundraising committee organises a range of exciting events throughout the year, including the Spinathon, Spring Garden Festival, Golf Day and much more! If you have some spare time or resources and would like to organise or help-out with a fundraiser email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organising a fundraiser is a great way to connect with your community and have fun at the same time. Here are some fun fundraising ideas that might inspire you:
- Hold an ugly shirt day at your work and ask for a donation from colleagues to join in.
- Organise a Quiz Night at your local community centre or club. You can sell tickets for the event and include raffles or silent auctions to raise extra money for Hospice.
- Enter a fun run, walk, or bike ride event and have family, friends and colleagues sponsor you.
- Undertake a personal challenge and get sponsorship. This could be weight loss, hair dye/shave, give up chocolate or learn a new skill.
- Hold a Valentines, Easter or Christmas fair selling crafts, cakes, cards and home made gifts.
- Coordinate a second-hand fashion parade and sale – get together with friends and donate clothing that isn’t wanted anymore, price the items, hold a fashion parade and sell them to the highest bidder.
Useful resources to help you fundraise;
- Canva (www.canva.com) – free online graphic design tool for flyers and social media posts
- Go Fund Me (www.gofundme.com) – create fundraising campaigns and collect donations with this free and easy to use website.
- EVENTBRITE (www.eventbrite.com.au) – Create ticketed events using this popular ticketing platform
Hobbits 1200 Hike For Hospice
Help Brent Off and his family raise $5,000 for Hospice as they walk the Bibbulmun Track over the school holidays.
Spinathon is on again for 2021. Join us for this fun and fitness-filled 24-hour event commencing noon Saturday 13th of February.