CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FROM THE COMMUNITY
Albany Community Hospice (ACH) is committed to meeting the palliative care needs of the community through an integrated approach to health, education and research with a focus on delivering the highest quality care to our patients. Albany Community Hospice has a history of engaging with consumers and there now is an exciting opportunity for community members to form the ACH Community of Consumers. This group will not only share their personal experiences and expertise but represent the voice of the wider consumer community
Members of the Community of Consumers will receive regular communication from ACH regarding opportunities for consumer engagement such as:
• Being a member of a committee or regularly attend meetings/working groups as a consumer representative
• Reviewing and commenting on ACH documents to provide a patient/consumer perspective
Members of the Community of Consumers can respond to activities that are relevant to their experiences as a patient, carer or consumer. The Community of Consumers is made up of a diverse group of consumers who are committed to helping ACH improve the care we provide.
ACH will provide consumer representatives with the relevant training for this role including online training delivered by the Health Consumers’ Council WA.
Consumer Representatives must:
• Understand palliative care from a consumer perspective
• Be able to advocate and articulate views on behalf of all consumers
• Be willing to undertake training to strengthen their knowledge and skills for this role, and
• Have the available time to commit to this role (approximately 1.5hrs per month)
For more information and to register your interest please contact Sarah-Louise Collins, Support Services Manager on (08) 9892 2457 or email email@example.com