Albany Community Hospice is a leading provider of compassionate palliative and end-of-life care and support to individuals and their families. We are currently seeking a dedicated and organised Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will play a vital role in recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to enhance the quality of care and services provided by our hospice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate effective volunteer programs to support Hospice operational needs.
- Research, develop, implement, and maintain evidence-based activities customised to meet the identified needs of the Hospice.
- Attract, recruit and onboard volunteers, matching their interests with suitable opportunities.
- Lead, manage and develop Hospice Volunteers to provide an effective and timely service.
- Plan and deliver volunteer training and assess competency in alignment with Hospice and mandatory requirements.
- Monitor, review and analyse program and service usage statistics and consumer feedback to measure effectiveness.
- Modify and adjust volunteer programs accordingly to maintain service effectiveness.
- Source and distribute current and relevant information and resources.
This position is permanent part-time – 12 hours per week with days/hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The key to your success will be your demonstrated experience and skills in the following:
- Significant knowledge and experience with managing and working with volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience researching, creating, and coordinating evidence-based programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and national standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work and quality practices and a commitment to apply them.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, enabling harmonious and positive relationships with colleagues, patients, and family members/carers.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We encourage a workforce that is innovative, eager to acquire knowledge and enhance skills; we embrace all employee differences and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
We value our people and in return, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and as a not-for-profit this includes salary packaging of up to $15,899 (increases your take home pay!) and the opportunity to be part of a long-standing organisation.
We also offer excellent training and development opportunities and generous staff benefits including flexible working conditions, social activities and a health and wellbeing program.
Click the here for a copy of the Position Description – https://albanyhospice.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Volunteer-Coordinator-ACH-PD003-v4.0-Final.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
We’d love to hear from reliable, positive, high energy, passionate people to join our team at Hospice!
To apply for the position of Volunteer Coordinator, applications must include:
- a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) which should specifically address your skills and experience outlined in the “About You” section above;
- a current resume including details of two recent professional referees; and
- An online completed job application form https://forms.office.com/r/3mVJ7WQtep
Cover letter and CV are to be emailed to email@example.com
For more information about the role please contact Sarah-Louise Collins, Support Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9892 2456.
Closing Date: Applications close on Friday 9 June at 5pm.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of a COVID-19 Vaccination including booster (third dose) prior to commencement.