Are you passionate about your community and looking for a role that is rewarding and purposeful? Do you have a passion for leading and supporting others? Then read on….
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Support Services Manager to join our Hospice team to lead and manage all non-clinical support service functions including:
- administration, finance, and HR,
- communications, marketing, fundraising, and donor management,
- cleaning and catering services, and
- volunteer management.
To be successful in this role, you will possess highly developed leadership qualities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a management style which is inclusive and focused on service outcomes. Your knowledge of best practice systems and processes, innovation, and a willingness to work collaboratively will also be critical to your success in the role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Lead and manage support service functions to achieve the Hospice’s strategic objectives.
- Drive the development and execution of strategic initiatives, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and adaptability to enhance the overall impact of hospice services.
- Inspire, motivate, and encourage Hospice personnel to achieve individual, team and Hospice goals.
This position is permanent part-time position (32 hours per week), and you may be required to work some hours outside of normal business hours to attend meetings and events.
The key to your success will be your demonstrated qualifications, experience, and skills in the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, administration, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated broad support services leadership experience in the Not-for-Profit and/or health sector.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills and the ability to manage, lead and inspire others.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of business and administrative processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial management and budgeting processes, and HR best practices and employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience with creating, implementing, and maintaining a range of support systems, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience of providing effective executive support to Boards and Committees.
Please click the button below for a full list of the role responsibilities and eligibility criteria
Albany Community Hospice is a leader in the provision of specialist in-patient palliative care and end-of-life services in Albany WA. We are committed to providing compassionate and comprehensive care free for all in the Great Southern community.
We aim to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We support a workforce that is innovative, eager to acquire knowledge and enhance skills; and we embrace all employee differences and foster a culture that champions diversity and inclusion.
You will receive:
- a competitive remuneration package to be negotiated with the successful applicant,
- the ability to salary package up to $15,899 per year,
- 6 weeks annual leave (pro rata),
- flexible working conditions,
- excellent training and development opportunities, and
- access to Hospice’s health and wellbeing and employee assistance program.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply applications must include:
- a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) which should specifically address your skills and experience outlined in the “About You” section.
- a current CV; and
- An online completed job application form which can be completed here – https://forms.office.com/r/3mVJ7WQtep
Your cover letter and CV are to be emailed to email@example.com
For more information about the role please contact Sarah-Louise Collins, Support Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9892 2456.
Closing Date: Applications close at 5pm on Monday 18 December 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will be conducted in January 2024 with the successful candidate starting in the position in late February 2024.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check.