We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team at Albany Community Hospice.
ABOUT THE HOSPICE
Albany Community Hospice provides specialist inpatient palliative care for people who have an illness or disease that is no longer able to be cured. Our focus is on the patient and their family or support persons, aiming to improve their quality of life by helping them to live with comfort and dignity in the time they have left to live. This includes their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing as well as supporting their family or significant others.
At Albany Community Hospice, Registered Nurses work as team leaders in providing specialist palliative care for our patient and family/carers supported by a multi-disciplinary team. Your key focus will be the evaluation, planning and delivery of evidence-based care to patients, supported by the palliative care specialist team and local medical practitioners.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 12 months postgraduate experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Everyone who joins Albany Community Hospice:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 by a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- Must provide proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
We value our people and you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package which as a not-for-profit organisation includes salary packaging of up to $15,899, and competitive pay rates with the public sector.
We support commitment to professional development and have a capability framework that supports the nurse’s skills and ability in Palliative Care.
Albany Community Hospice is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its staff, volunteers, patients and visitors.
More information and How to Apply
A copy of the position description can be found here:
Registered Nurse Position Description